For Your Consideration
- Real Estate
- Published on Tuesday, 08 February 2011 10:46
As home sales are slow this time of year, here are some recent real estate stats to consider: In January, 2011, only five homes sold in the Scarsdale school district, with a median sale price of $812,000. A 2,352 square foot home on Valley Road, built in 1964 was the highest priced sale for January and sold for $1,090,000 after 115 days on the market. A modest Edgewood home at 956 Post Road sold for $588,900 after 105 days on the market. In comparison, in January 2010, thirteen homes sold in Scarsdale. Did inclement weather discourage home buyers this year?
What’s on the market? There are currently 90 homes available in Scarsdale, with an average asking price of $2,038,354.
The breakdown by area is as follows:
- 9 houses are located in the Edgewood section of Scarsdale with prices ranging from $545,000-$1,500,000
- 23 houses are located in Fox Meadow, ranging in price from $699,000-$4,495,000
- 12 houses are in the Greenacres section of Scarsdale priced from $885,000-$3,295,000
- 20 houses are located in Heathcote, where prices range from $739,000-$11,500,000
- 26 homes are in Quaker Ridge, with three of those in the Mamaroneck Strip. Prices there range from $779,000-$3,795,000
This data is provided by Sarit Orlofsky, licensed real estate broker at Engel and Voelkers in Scarsdale. She has lived in Scarsdale for 10 years with her husband and two children and knows the neighborhood inside out. She is a member of the PTA and a co-chair of the multicultural committee and has extensive knowledge of the educational system in Scarsdale. You can email her at: Sarit.Orlofsky@engelvoelkers.com or call her at 914-723-5555 x20.