Real Estate: Residents Purchase Generators in Record Numbers
- Real Estate
- Published on Thursday, 31 October 2013 13:35
This week marks the one year anniversary of Hurricane Sandy when power was out for some Scarsdale residents for almost two weeks. Since that time, what has been done to ensure that Scarsdale is better prepared for Mother Nature's next onslaught? We asked Assistant Village Manager John Goodwin to share information with us and here is some of the information he provided:
- In January, 2013 the Scarsdale Village Board of Trustees adopted new laws to make it easier to install home generators
- Since that time, 255 applications have been filed to install generators – which is more than double the total in the previous eight years.
- Since the storm, the Village has promoted registration on Blackboard Connect, the Village emergency notification system. In the wake of Hurricane Sandy, 960 new registrants enrolled, bringing the total from 6,964 to 7,924.
- Additional work was done by Con Edison, see details here – to prevent storm outages and to respond more effectively when they do occur.
What have you done to safeguard your home? Share ideas in the comments section below:
30 Meadow Road: Spacious Colonial on almost a half acre with 6 large bedrooms and kitchen with new appliances. Screened porch overlooks patio and large yard. First floor guest/nanny room. A most desired address near shops and schools. Abundant natural light.
Sale Price: $1,486,000
Real Estate Taxes: $32,925
6 Copper Beach Lane: Picturesque expanded Ranch set on a serene .69 acre located on a quiet cul-de-sac in Quaker Ridge. Warm and welcoming, this wonderfully maintained residence features a first floor master bedroom and bright, spacious rooms throughout. A delightful screened porch adds to your enjoyment. Perfect for entertaining and easy living.
Sale Price: $1,325,000
Real Estate Taxes: $32,518
Open House on Sunday November 3 – 1 -3 pm
18 Argyle Rd, Edgemont
Move right in to this picturesque English country home with rocking swing front porch. Special features include gorgeous architectural details, beautiful hardwood floors, two new baths with stained glass windows, and new Camko roof. Large level property. Dramatic living room with beamed/vaulted ceiling and brick fireplace. Perfect just the way it is but also has potential expansion possibilities. Walk to elementary school, commuter bus to train, and shops. Learn more here.
List Price: $879,000
5 Elm Road, Scarsdale: Sleek and inviting, this sophisticated Scarsdale home is perfectly set on a picturesque cul-de-sac in a fabulous walk to train and school location. Renovated with the highest quality materials and impeccable style and flair, this home is ready for the most discerning buyer to move right in! Updates include new roof, new windows, new kitchen with center island, new bathrooms, new portico, new solid wood interior doors, new hot water heater and more. Please see feature sheet for all details. Square footage includes lower level. A must see! Learn more here:
List Price: $1,295,000