Recycle Your Pumpkins—It’s Easy!
- Tuesday, 07 November 2023 13:36
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 07 November 2023 13:37
- Published: Tuesday, 07 November 2023 13:36
- Joanne Wallenstein
- Hits: 342
All those pumpkins and gourds that have been sitting on your front steps or that will decorate your Thanksgiving table can have another valuable use after the holidays--being turned into compost! There are several easy ways Scarsdale residents can recycle pumpkins and gourds:
• Place them in, on or next to your food scrap recycling bin (Need one? Email email@example.com or register here.
• Bring them directly to the Food Scrap Drop-off Site at the Recycling Center, 110 Secor Road (Please put them on or in front of the wall behind the food scrap collection bins.)
• Place them with your yard waste or leaf pile.
By sending our pumpkins and gourds to be composted, we are helping nature recycle her bounty and returning nutrients to our earth!